The Custodial department will be focused on making the public areas of campus as safe as possible by implementing specific disinfection plans for each building.
Because it is not possible for our custodial staff to clean every classroom on campus in between class sessions, students are required to wipe down their learning space when they arrive. Disinfectant wipes are available in every classroom and will be refilled on a daily basis.
In order for the Custodial Department to concentrate its efforts on the disinfection plans for common area spaces in all buildings throughout the workday, Custodial staff have partnered with building users to maintain offices. To reduce the number of people entering private spaces on a regular basis, custodial work in offices should be scheduled through service requests at http://maximo.ku.edu.
Other steps you can take:
- Coordinate with the Custodial department leadership member responsible for your building, and provide information that can help determine the best cleaning/disinfection plan for your area. Contact information for each building’s custodial leadership member can be found at custodial.ku.edu. Examples of helpful information include:
- Identifying special use rooms (e.g., weight rooms)
- Schedule for events in your building
- Frequency of room use
- If needed, a disinfection kit will be made available in a centralized area in office suites or public areas in buildings. Use these kits to disinfect areas you in your office space, such as table tops, chair arms, etc.
- You can request personal protective equipment (PPE), hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and other supplies and equipment, if needed.
- Contact email@example.com or your building’s custodial leadership member if you have questions or concerns regarding your building’s disinfection plan.
The Custodial department will be focused on making the public areas of campus as safe as possible by implementing specific disinfection plans for each building. All buildings have different needs, but the following cleaning protocols are true in all buildings:
- High touch point disinfection multiple times a day
- Light switches
- Elevator buttons
- Door handles
- Crash bars
- Hand rails
- Restroom disinfection twice a day
- Disinfect fixtures
- Touch points
- Spraying high-use rooms with disinfectant
- Addressing the specific disinfection needs of buildings
(page updated 8/25/20)