Personal Protective Equipment
Available Personal Protective Equipment
KU has purchased large quantities of PPE departments who normally do not purchase PPE for traditional job duties.
These items include:
- KU-issued cloth face mask (1 per person)
- N95 respirators (requires justification)
- Hand sanitizer (replacement for small bottles)
- Alcohol sanitizing wipes
- Plexiglass (or similar material) “sneeze guards”
- Powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) units
KU Operations is also placing additional standard-issue protective supplies in buildings for individuals and departments to use, including:
- Bulk hand sanitizer stations for refilling personal bottles
- Disinfectant stations with spray bottles and paper towels for cleaning surfaces
- Sanitizing wipes in all classrooms/teaching areas
- Hand sanitizer dispensing stations near entrances and other locations
How to Order
Request PPE through your supervisor or department administrative contact.
Note: A PAPR (powered air purifying respirator) can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the PPE Requisition Form to order supplies (other than PAPRs). The PPE request is a web form (you do not have to log in to Maximo to access). Once submitted, a work order is created. Once completed, you will be notified via an automated email form.
Note: PAPR (powered air purifying respirator) units can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
If your department does not typically purchase PPE, there is currently nocharge for securing PPE. If your department does normally purchase these PPE items, you will be charged for those items.