- Adoption of the CVKey app for checking symptoms prior to entering campus buildings.
- Courses were transitioned to provide in-person, hybrid and/or online instructions.
- A new mask policy requires everyone on campus to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Classrooms, office spaces and common areas were reconfigured to provide appropriate physical distancing.
- Tents were erected outdoors to provide additional study spaces between classes and for outdoor classrooms.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures were implemented for campus buildings.
- Signs and guidance has been provided for hallways, stairways, elevators and building entrances to encourage appropriate physical distancing.
- Sanitation stations installed in public areas of buildings.
Preparation Quick Facts
KU Operations worked diligently over the summer to make campus safer for the fall semester. These efforts included:
Buildings and Classrooms:
- Configured and/or moved over 25,021 chairs (568 Classrooms staged overall)
- 5 people between 6/29 and 8/24 (2-4 movers added in the last week)
- Installed more than 11,700 information/instruction signs, including 3,300 classroom signs
- Installed more than 90 sneeze guard installations, typically for public front line desk operations
- More than 550 rolling plexiglass barriers assembled and set in rooms
- More than 450 sanitizing stations built and installed
- 206 CVKey kiosk installations
- Eight outdoor tents procured and set up with tables, chairs, WiFi and power
- 19 card swipes installed for building access
Purchasing (during a time when most items in short supply globally):
- 35,000 reusable fabric masks
- 2,000 face shields
- 2,000 clear face masks
- 40,000+ personal hand sanitizer bottles
- 10,000 disposable 3-ply masks
- 1,000 33oz hand sanitizer refill bottles
- 260 powered air purifying respirators (PAPR)
- 23,000 packages of disinfectant (i.e., 2.3 million wipes)
- 300 stand dispensers for sanitizing stations
- 1,000 wall pump sanitizer dispensers
- 1,200 plexiglass barriers
- 590 desktop plexiglass barriers
(page updated 8/25/20)