Skip to main content
Enhanced Safety Practices on Buses
- Protective barriers are in place for drivers.
- Passengers will enter at the front of the bus, and exit through the back of the bus.
- KU buses will be limited to 34 passengers at a time; passengers may only board a bus if it is below this capacity. Digital head signs will say “bus full” when 34 passengers are on board.
- Certain windows will remain open to create air circulation for health and safety during COVID-19.
- Drivers will participate in daily health checks before starting their shift.
- Enhanced cleaning practices will be conducted daily, with HVAC intake and filter cleaning will be conducted weekly.
- KU Transportation Services, Lawrence Transit System, and their operator, First Transit, may begin enforcing stricter passenger limits should they become necessary.
- Bus schedules and additional information can be found at: https://lawrencetransit.org/routes/
Enhanced Cleaning Practices on Buses
- All drivers have canisters of wipes, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Use of GenEon mister daily to clean rotating vehicles. All the vehicles are sprayed nightly.
- Use of the stabilized aqueous ozone solution to wipe down high- traffic areas during the day while the drivers are on route.
- The Ozone 5 generator is used weekly for the added disinfecting and deodorizing.
- The HVAC intakes and filters on all the vehicles are cleaned each Sunday.