Health Safety Requirements
All members of the KU community must follow the health requirements below while on campus:
- All faculty, staff, students, affiliates, visitors, vendors, and volunteers must wear a face covering, surgical/medical face mask, or Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR), over their mouth and nose whether indoors or outdoors, except when alone in an individual’s personal self-contained office (not cubicles) or on-campus residence if others (excluding roommates) are not present.
- If you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, you should not go to any KU facility or property. If you believe you have been exposed, or have been identified by health professionals as part of a contact investigation, you must isolate for 14 days.
- If you require COVID-19 testing, coordinate with Watkins Health Services or LMH Health (see Testing & Reporting for additional information).
- Use disinfectant wipes (provided in all spaces) to clean surfaces.
- Wash your hands often throughout the day. Recommended times to wash hands:
- Between classes and/or meetings
- After handling mail or packages
- Before and after eating
- After touching door handles, light switches, desks, or other communal items
- When handwashing is not practical, use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, or nose.
- Use good etiquette, including covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- If for any reason student employees, staff or faculty need additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), support will be provided, or work may be modified to meet such needs. See Personal Protective Equipment for more information.
(page updated 8/25/20)