If you are a staff or faculty unit leader and you’d like to coordinate a cleaning and disinfection plan for your workspace or building, contact Custodial Services. You can locate your building’s custodial leadership member on the Custodial Services website.
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
To enhance the in-room filtration, air purifiers have been installed in classroom and shared spaces. Filter units use hospital-grade filters to continually scrub and circulate the air.
Adapting common facilities
- Most buildings have at least one entrance with a touch-free door opener.
- Hand sanitizing stations available in hallways, typically located near elevators.
- Most restrooms have touch-free flushing and faucets.
- Most buildings have at least one water bottle filling station.
- One-way restriction on stairs removed.
KU staff members who have been financially impacted by the pandemic may be eligible for the Rosalie Lanier Gray KU Staff Assistance Fund, which assists those who are experiencing financial hardship due to natural or personal disaster.
Hybrid, Fully Remote, Flexible Schedule
The COVID-19 pandemic has made a huge impact on workplace designations for people everywhere, including KU. Flexible work arrangements can look differently based on the position, job duties and customers an employee supports. A flexible work arrangement might be a schedule modification, a change as to where the work is performed, or both. Click on the links below to learn more about flexible working arrangements.
In response to an increase in our hybrid and remote workforce, KU Operations, in partnership with KU Information Technology, established “hoteling spaces” throughout the KU Lawrence campus. Hoteling spaces are workstations that can be reserved by KU employees who do not have a designated workspace on campus due to their status as a hybrid or remote employee. Details on how to reserve a space, where the spaces are located, features/attributes of each space, and general use guidelines can be found on the Hoteling Spaces webpage.
COVID tests are available all KU students, faculty and staff through Watkins Health Services.
To reduce risk of transmission, please contact Watkins Health Services before arriving for a test:
- STUDENTS - call Watkins Health Services Nurse Helpline at 785-864-9583
- FACULTY/STAFF - call the Faculty & Staff Clinic at 785-864-9565
Cost & Billing
- Symptomatic COVID-19 tests will be billed to insurance, if applicable.